Sunday, January 22, 2012

Beautiful Sabbath.

Today was such an amazing day. I have needed a day like today for awhile now and it came. Everything was beautiful about today. The weather was wonderful, lessons in church spoke right to my heart and mind, dinner was fantastic, and I ended the night with a slice of gluten free cake for Ali's birthday.
It was an all around perfect day:


A quote was read in church today that really stuck. I have been faced with some big decisions in life lately that are constantly on my mind and after hearing this quote, it gives me a renewed sense of strength and focus:

"I am part of the Fellowship of the Unashamed.
The die has been cast. I have stepped over the line.
The decision has been made. I am a disciple of Christ.
I won't look back, let up, slow down, back away, or be still.
My past is redeemed, my present makes sense, my future secure.
I am finished and done with low living, sight walking, small planning, smooth knees, colorless dreams, chintzy giving, and dwarfed goals.
I no longer need pre-eminence, prosperity, position, promotions, plaudits, or popularity.
I now live by presence, lean by faith, love by patience, lift by prayer, and labor by power.
My pace is set, my gait is fast, my goal is Heaven, my road is narrow, my way is rough, my companions few, my Guide is reliable, my mission clear.
I cannot be bought, compromised, deterred, lured away, turned back, diluted, or delayed.
I will not flinch in the fact of sacrifice, hesitate in the presence of adversity, negotiate at the table of the enemy, ponder at the pool of popularity, or meander in the maze of mediocrity.
I won't give up, back up, let up, or shut up until I have preached up, prayed up, paid up, stored up, and stayed up for the cause of Christ.

I am a disciple of Jesus Christ.
I must go until he returns, give until I drop, preach until all know, and work until He comes.
And when He comes to get His own, He will have no problem recognizing me.
My colors will be clear."

Romans 1:16
"For I am no ashamed of the gospel of Christ: for it is the power of God unto salvation to everyone that believeth. "

I am continually amazed at the amount of happiness that seems to fill my life. I have never before felt such love and peace than I do right now. Life is truly beautiful. Decisions are hard but made with the right authority and the right mind frame and the right intent of heart, they will yield happiness and success. I am living proof of that. I am so grateful for the opportunities I have had in my life and the blessings I continue to receive on a daily basis. To say I am merely "lucky" is a shortfall of how I truly feel. It's got little to do with luck and everything to do with blessings from above.
Life isn't perfect. There are obstacles. There is plenty of heart ache. But through it all, we find ourselves stronger, more capable for our next battle, and a better you.


1 comment:

  1. I love it!! Thank you for always sending pictures my way on the phone! What a beautiful post... To have peace, love, and happiness in your life is such a wonderful thing!! Thank you for this post, it makes me want to refocus and make the changes necessary to make my life more full and complete. Sure love you E! xo

    ReplyDelete