Friday, May 25, 2012

It's a small, small, small world.

So. One quiet morning as I am working at Turtle Bay, two women walked into the shop wanting to play tennis. I helped them out and sent them on their way. However, one of the ladies looked so familiar to me. I couldn't figure it out. I chalked it up as just another familiar face at a resort where, after awhile, everyone looks familiar. That wasn't enough to settle my mind. I couldn't get it out of my head! So...I cheated. I looked up their room at the resort. The guest name was Dawnie Moss. I freaked out...The woman was my Mom's college roommate! I hadn't seen her in years but as soon as I put a name to the face, it clicked. I got in touch with her and her partner Trish a few hours later. They were walking back by my work and I said "Dawnie?? My name is Erika...I am Cammy's dau....." And before I could finish my sentence she was saying "OH MY GOSH". SO funny. I still can't believe it. 



 So a few days later, I met up with Dawnie and Trish as well as their two other friends they were traveling with and we did some shopping around Hale'Iwa, some "extreme beach glassing" at Kawela Bay, then dinner at Lei Lei's on the golf course at Turtle Bay. 


To top off the small world stories...as we were in Hale'Iwa at Clark Little's art gallery, there was a guy working who was home for the summer from college at Rocky Mountain in BILLINGS Montana where he plays football with my cousin WESTON! HOW small is this world?!?! It is so crazy but I absolutely love it! 

I love my happy and small little Hawaiian life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment