Monday, September 1, 2014

The road to Michigan--->

My road trip to Michigan was by far the most incredible road trip I have taken to date. Which sounds funny because it doesn't sound like that would be possible, however I made many stops, saw many sites, took tons of pictures, and made it my own. And I loved every mile!!!

I calculated 11 states in 11 days:
Oregon
Washington
Idaho
Montana
Wyoming
South Dakota
Minnesota
Wisconsin
Illinois
Indiana
Michigan 

It was a whirlwind but I cannot wait to do it all over again on the way back!

Last photo of Oregon (1) for awhile:

Missed the Washington boarder (2) but here is good ol' Idaho (3):

 Coeur d'Alene Lake

Sideways driving into Montana (4):

(one night I was so tired and the two hours to Billings seemed horrendous so I slept in my car in a Walmart parking lot. Yes, I was that person:)

More sideways driving into Wyoming (5)

Hello South Dakota (6):

Stopped for lunch with some old friends:

Ran into some ancestors:

Stayed the night in Winner, SD where my cousin and her husband recently moved to open a dental practices as well as bring baby Forrest into the world: 
(meeting me is exhausting)

Stopped in Mitchell, SD to view the Corn Palace:

Being welcomed by Minnesota (7):

I was able to stop and see my old boss from Arizona when I worked for his Chiropractic practice in 2006-2007. He had moved back to his hometown to open a practice there and hadn't seen each other since I left Arizona (the first time) for a nannying job in Washington DC.

Warm welcome from Wisconsin (8):

Home of the Milwaukee Brewers:

Headed into Illinois (9):

A must stop on the trip:

Did some roaming around Chicago and made a few obligatory stops:
The Bean!


Quick trip through Indiana (10)

And HELLO pure Michigan (11):

And my home-sweet-home for the next 4 months! 
Okemom, Michigan


No comments:

Post a Comment