Monday, January 20, 2014

Death bed. (Or what I imagine it to look like)



So I have the flu cold bug crap business that seems to be fluttering around the country lately. At first it was just a sore throat and some stuffed sinus action. I honestly thought it was pretty minor compared to what others had reported. I felt fine by day 3 and then by day 4 I had no voice, my body ached, I had chills, my sinus cavity will blocked shut, and I could feel my body start to wither. This carried on steadily for about 5 days. Then the drainage started last Thursday and with it took all the energy my body had left. Friday I felt like an absolute zombie. I could hardly walk without feeling completely depleted of all energy. It was miserable. I literally slept from Friday afternoon until Sunday night without hardly leaving my apartment...who am I kidding, I hardly left my bed. Sunday afternoon I made myself a serious booster smoothie with some fruit and veg combos but more importantly a strong dose of OnGuard. I woke up today feeling better. I won't pretend to be 100% yet but I do feel a different in how my body feels today. I still feel pooped but I had energy enough to grocery shop this evening, which I often don't have the energy for when I am healthy!!! 


Just to give a good mental picture, here is my 72 holding cell...complete with toilet paper for tissue, NyQuil for sleep, cough drops for coughing, Vicks for chest and feet, and trash for the green gooey guck coming front within. (TMI).



These photos are more for myself so next time I am feeling not up to par I can remember the weekend I felt like I came close to dropping dead!!!!! 

Fingers crossed for a healthier week to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment