Going home for Christmas and New Years was a dream. I hadn't been home for the actual holiday season in four years due to Hawaii and Starbucks. Let year I came close, flying in on December 28th, but this year I actually got to spend the full time at home. It was perfect. I spent most of my time at home, which I am sure disappointed a few, but it was much needed. Usually I go home and run around like a crazy person and have some sort of social gathering at my house but this year, I stayed put, relaxed in jammies, and enjoyed quality time with my family. AND while I missed seeing a few people and things here and there, I still wouldn't have changed it one bit.
^For the first year ever, we got matching PJ's.
I don't actually enjoy sleeping in so much clothing but I am secretly hoping
it becomes a tradition because it was actually a lot of fun.
^On Christmast eve we did some Facetime with my two favorite people!
^Asa joined us for Christmas Eve and Christmas day and ended up staying
and extra night which was the best treat!
^After we had opened gifts, eaten cinnamon rolls, and played games, dogs and humans alike were pretty pooped! It was a good day :)
^Emma ended up getting pretty sick while I was home. She spent most of her time here on a little twin mattress she drug from upstairs so she could still be in the thick of things, even while drugged up an passed out most of the time.
^The weekend after Christmas, we joined Kevin and Linda in Elgin, OR for their annual holiday play. This season, it was a performance of Guys and Dolls and it was so much fun! The Elgin opera house has a lot of history and the town was small and reminded me a lot of Montana. It was nice to see a different part of Oregon and spend time with K&L.
^I got to meet Shea's kids and clearly they loved me :)
^AND what trip with them would be complete without some Liar's dice and a few rounds of 'What's Yours Like?'...
^Oh and this is Oliver. Emma's kitten.
^New Years Eve was very low key but I wouldn't have wanted to spend it any other way. Nothing like getting drunk off Martinelli''s with the cutest baby...oh and her parents!
^Again, Oliver and the crazy cat lady....
SO I was supposed to depart for Arizona on NYE so that I could work NYday. Due to some "confusion" back at work, I didn't make the schedule. SO we changed my flight and I got 5 extra bonus days at home. It was the best. My mom and I spent my last full day at home out on the Oregon coast and it was absolutely perfect!!!
^Found my new favorite spot....Oceanside Oregon
^Cape Lookout
^Cape Mears
^And of course a stop for Tillamook Icecream
We had decided not to wait until dark to drive home but then I couldn't stand the thought of missing a potentially amazing sunset on the coast so we left Tillamook and raced up to Manzanita just in time to see the sun go down and W O W am I glad we didn't go back to Portland too soon. It was absolutely breathtaking. I felt like I was wrapped up in Hawaii and Oregon all at once and it was perfection.
Leaving Oregon was gut wrenching. It's bitter sweet, being that I only have four more months until I am done in Arizona but from this side of four months, that seems like the longest time from now.
HOWEVER, the flight out was crisp and clear and I could see Helens, Rainier, Adams, and Hood all from my little window. It was magical.
It was such a good 2+ weeks at home and it makes me so excited to get back HOME for good!










No comments:
Post a Comment