Monday, March 28, 2011

ALOHA! I'm back!!!!

I'M ALIVE!!! I haven't posted anything in almost two months. That says how busy I have been! I had guests for the month of February and the first 2 weeks in March. It was crazy busy but SO much fun!!! I have posted pictures to try and catch up the last while. I am not this much of a slacker, I swear but sifting through photos and finding the time to post them was overwhelming and I put it off until now :) But I had SO much fun with all of my guests. I have officially seen everything tourist this island has to offer!!! I loved every minute of it though and can't wait for my next arrival... Who's it gonna be?!

OK Photo re-cap:
My first set of visitors was one of my very best friends Meg and her daughter Daisy. Meg's husband got Meg a trip to Hawaii for her Christmas/Birthday which she celebrated while being here. It was SO fun to have them and so much fun to have CUTE little Daisy here.




^ Meet Daisy. She is the cutest/happiest baby ever. She is so freaking adorable! I love her :)

^Here we are at Diamond head look-out. It was honestly one of the most amazing sunsets I have ever seen.


^And this would be Daisy's first ever encounter with the ocean! She loved it! (most of the time...see next photo!) She swam and swam and definitely ate too much sand but the girl had fun!!
^OK this was the one exception for her not being happy. I think a little wave came up and startled her but after a few seconds she was back to kicking and splashing and loving Hawaii.



^We made a little pit stop at Dole.

^Haleiwa where we had dinner as the sun was going down.

^Meg and Daisy at sunrise on Lanikai.


^YES! nothing like a mouth full of sand... Leaves a nice treat in the diaper too!

AND my second guest was my dad! He had never left the "mainland" or flown over the ocean OR seen an ocean other than the cold freezing Oregon Coast in October so THIS trip was a real big treat for him!!

^Here he is fresh off the plane!

^This was his first of MANY mornings on the beach. He got up every morning to see the sunrise over Lanikai. I'm telling you, it's amazing.
^Here we are kayaking out to the Mokulua islands. This was after we had a near death experience on the kayak. We got thrown into the water TWICE by some waves on the reef. We walked away with minor bumps and bruises and a broken camera.
^Post kayaking survival picture!
^To get in or not get in.
^Dad and I eating at Buzz's. We got a really nice seafood dinner with lobster and steak. It was a really nice place and the food was really good. We even got sat at the presidential table. The gold plate says "Bill and Hillary Clinton 1994".
^This is my buddy Kap. He performed a fire show at a wedding I went to and then we ran into him at the Polynesian Cultural Center. He does the fire show there too. He's amazing and so funny...and clearly ripped.
^We ran into a guy at the Aloha stadium who let us go inside after the Pro Bowl and see the field. Right place and the right time!
^This is half way up the pill box hike at sunrise. It was a challenge hiking in the dark but totally worth it to have a view like this!!
^We took a whale watching cruise and lucky for us we saw several whales swimming and breaching. It was such a nice day and we didn't get sea sick!

AND my 3rd and final guest was my sister Emma!
^Right off the plane we went to Pearl Harbor. I have been there so many times now but it is still one of the more humbling experiences I have ever seen.
^So I rented a car while Emma was here and when I went to pick it up, they gave me a convertible mustang for no addition fee!!! We definitely had fun in that thing.
^This is a buddhist temple we found. I had never been back there and so Emma and I did a little exploring and found it. It's open to the public but you'd never know it was even there from the road. It was really cool and beautiful.







^Here we are on sunset beach. It was such a beautiful sunset!




^We stopped at Ted's after the sun went down so Emma could officially try and loco-moco. It's a bed or rice, hamburger patty, a fried egg, then covered in brown gravy. As weird as it sounds, it is quite delicious!!! Even a picky eater like Emma loved it :)
^We had to stop for a photo shoot in Haleiwa as the sun went down!



^Here we are at the Polynesian Cultural Center
^Emma's new boyfriend!


^We went up to the Pali lookout and it was SO windy!!

^Emma's first encounter with Dog.
^Emma's ridiculous attempt to climb the pole!

^Here we are at Hanauma Bay for some snorkeling! SUCH a good day!

^We even found some turtles to swim with!!!




It was a CRAZY two months but I honestly had SO much fun with the people I love. I can't wait for my Mom to come back in October and do it all over again :) Now that I have this huge post over with, expect more frequency in my blogging!

MAHALO!

No comments:

Post a Comment