I was able to go to the Kamehameha High School's Christmas performance in downtown Honolulu. Their high school is one of the top private schools in the country. They performed in the Macy's thanksgiving day parade and are going to New Zealand at the beginning of the year for some music tour. They were really truly talented and it was so fun to watch and listen. I took a few photos but mostly video clips. They aren't too long but just enough to give a sample of the concert...
^ This was the opening song with traditional female Hawaiian dancing.
^ Then the boys came out and did their things.
^ Ok, this kid's voice is AMAZING. I wish I could have caught
the beginning of his performance on camera but I was in SUCH
awe of him!!!!! The very beginning and end of this clip show
some of his talent but not nearly enough....
^ Ok, last clip is the drummers. The rose out of the stage
from below...it was a fun added effect. Again, I was in total
awe of what they were doing that I failed to get some really
great parts of their performance. If anyone knows me, they
know I love the bag pipes and drums...so, here is some great
percussionists doing their thing!
No comments:
Post a Comment