Sunday, December 26, 2010

Mama did not get run over by a reindeer...she came to HAWAII !!

WELL the week has come and gone...and far too fast for my liking! My mom experienced her first tour of Hawaii this last week. She got here on Sunday afternoon and left Christmas night at 10pm. We had a VERY fun and VERY busy week!! I tried to show her everything I could AND attempt to relax at the same time. Some days were more relaxing than others but I think we maximized our week together very well :) I miss her already and can't wait for her to come back!

Below is our week in photos (and a few videos) from beginning to end:



^ This place was legit Hawaiian food. Small "whole in the wall"
type place but the food was very good and the staff was all
locals and very nice and sweet!

^Yogurtland is like Yo Cream in Portland but with more
Hawaiian style toppings and flavors. MUY bueno.
^ We had to get our photo with Duke Kahanamoku
down on Waikiki. We forgot our Lei in the car but he
clearly had a good night without our help :)

^ This was about as close as she got to surfing :)

^ On the ferry over to the Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor.

^ All the names of serviceman who died at Pearl Harbor in the Arizona.
They have even added the names of about 20 men who were fortunate to
escape to the wall so they could be listed among their peers.

^ Memorial Wall

^Parts of the Arizona that are above water and there is still oil
leaking from the ship. Sometimes you can still see air
bubbles coming up. Very solemn memorial.

^ Towering over Hawaii :)

^And then Samoa.

^Ma's first sunrise @ Lanikai.

^ Fishing for turtles (Not really).

^ The moon was out late.

^ View from the Pali lookout.

^ Us on the Pali.

^ My mom thinks she's so funny sometimes!

^We TRIED to find Diamond Head the first and failed but instead
we found Hawaii Kai and a real nice sunset.

^Paddle boarding at Sunset.

^Sunset at Hawaii Kai.

^Mr. Chinaman's hat on the way to North Shore.

^AND we had to do some jumping pictures...

^Can you tell she was a cheerleader?! HA!

^Christmas at the Visitor's Center

^BY FAR the best Thai food restaurant ever. I feel like I forget
how good it is until the next time I eat it and when I eat it
all I want to do is make MMMMMMM sounds as I devour
my Pad Thai or Massaman Curry. SO GOOD!

^The sky was purple and pink!

^Sunset from the North Shore...it sets on the other side
of the island.

^Christmas morning...it was like the sun came up out of no
where and it was just this big bright orange-pinkish ball.

^Half way up...

^AND it's up.

^Outrigger Canoe heading out.

^Not too bad for Christmas morning :)

^Santa's elf needed a little canoe run.






^SO we spent the rest of Christmas day at the beach. WHY NOT?!

^Some beach friends of ours got real creative :)

And this was the last photo we took in the back yard before she left for the airport! I can't wait til she comes back and we can do it all over again!!!



1 comment:

  1. Looks like such a fun week with two beautiful girls!! Miss you both so much!! I am sure Emma was sad to miss out on it all!! Beautiful pictures!!

    ReplyDelete