Friday, April 27, 2012

No Place Like Home.


People give me a hard time about "disowning" Montana as my home because when I reference "going home" I am almost always never talking about Billings...but I am sorry...no place has felt more like home than Oregon has. Maybe it's because "home is where your Mom is"....I don't know. Regardless, home is Oregon now. I love Montana and had many good years there growing up but...Oregon is home. AND I was in some much needed time at home with my Mom and sister and friends so this was just what I needed...8 days of fun, laughing, eating, sleeping, lounging, and more laughing. I got to see so many of
the ones that I love which I really needed. Hawaii seems so far away some days!!! It wasn't nearly enough time to get in all I want to do but I am so grateful for such a wonderful trip.


First stop, SLC! I had a three hour layover so my love Meg came
and picked me up from the airport and we had a nice morning together, 
got breakfast, had a good talk about the chaos of life, and just
got to spend some good time together. It had been toooooo long!


Meg took me to go see Tati at her bakery. Another fun
little surprise! It was good to see her!


AND THEN for the big reveal...Surprising Emma for her birthday!
She had no idea it was coming, which was the best. My Mom brought
her to Red Robin where Emily, Seni, and Asa were all waiting. I was standing
behind them with my little hand crafted sign and as soon as she got done hugging
all of them, I dropped the sign and SURPRISE! ha ha it was classic! The look on
on her face was priceless. Needless to say, operation Surprise the birthday girl 
was a definitely success. 


 I got to meet my little Meleana for the first time! Emily and Seni do 
pretty well at making adorable babies!! I couldn't get enough of her!!!

(^This is Mele's poker face.)

Young Victoria brought over some of her DELICIOUS home
made cookies. Anything from her is delicious really. I don't
know how she does it!! But I don't mind either :)


The weather was off and on. I definitely got a good taste of Oregon
gloom and doom but for the second half to the trip it was sunshine and blue
skies! The rain helped remind me how lucky I am to live in
such a beautiful sunshine state! 

My mom and I had a few Mother-Daughter outings while I was home
which was exactly what I wanted and needed! She was able to take
the week off from work and just be home and hanging out with me
which I greatly appreciated!!!! 
 ^We went to see Hunger Games and then hit up Moonstruck for some
of the worlds BEST hot chocolate. Yes, BEST. It puts Starbucks to shame.

 ^Of course I would find this sign at home. Hawaii is always
with me apparently! I have a feeling it always will be too...


 One of our outings, we hit up down town Portland for some Pita Pit.
Of course it was rainy and blech but it wouldn't be Portlandia 
without it!!


 (^I forgot to pack any socks.)

We also got to go and visit Michelle and the girls. Carson was
at work so we didn't get to see him but we did get to see their new
little baby!! Adelyn is so cute and those cheeks are so yummy!

 ^Sienna and her blue eyes and wild hair! She has grown 
and changed the most out of all the girls. SO cute!

Got some good pictures on temple grounds after my date with 
Young Victoria! Nothing better than two gals putting in
some good work!


My Mom, Emma, and I spend the morning getting pedicures and having
lunch. Then we met Emily for facials at Phaggans and then picked up
Rose for dinner and a movie. It was one of the best girls days ever!!

On my Mom's last day in Oregon, we drove to Hood River to
meet up with Kevin and Linda for dinner at Full Sail. The timing was just
right that Brant, Brock, AJ, Rushton and Kolter were driving
back through to Hermiston so they were able to stop and have 
lunch with us too! It was fun to see them all again.

Kevin took us on the fruit loop just outside of Hood. It is a short
little drive through the cherry orchards and fruit orchards and we got some great 
views of Mt. Hood and Mt. Adams.



On Sunday, the Bousha's had a small gathering of people over for
dinner after church. It was so fun to see them all! The food was
so good as always. Made me miss my old peeps! Well, just 
some of them :) HA! But I do miss my Susie and Terry and
Vicky with all my little heart!

One thing I have ALWAYS always wanted to do was go to the
Tulip Festival. I have never had the chance to go before so
on my last day in Oregon I had a brief window of opportunity
to run out there with Asa and AJ. It was AMAZING. It was
so absolutely beautiful. I loved it so much. I had planned on just
going out there and snapping a few pictures and leaving but I couldn't!
I wanted to stay out there all day. It was so beautiful!!! 
Definitely a check off of this gals bucket list. 


(^for clarification, I did NOT pick this tulip. It was found
on the ground and previously picked by some other
hooligan other than myself!)









The flight home was basically a really long nap. I slept almost
the entire time. As I filled out my Ag declaration, I realized this might
be the last time I get to do this! And almost DEFINITELY the
last time I will do this as a resident of Hawaii. Made me shed a little
tear, I will be honest. The thought of leaving Hawaii almost always
gets me emotional (like right now just typing about thinking about it!) 
but filling this out for the last time and checking "resident" really
got to me. I have loved this place so much and while I know continuing onto 
Arizona will be such a good step for me, it is going to be so hard to
leave my happy place. 

^I was greeted off the plane with a blast of warm sea air and
nothing but sunshine. It was only 10 days but I missed this island
so so so so much!

1 comment:

  1. I'm SO sad that we missed each other by just a few days!!! How could we let that happen! Can't wait for you to be closer!! I am sad that you are leaving such a wonderful place, but I will LOVE seeing you, been too long my love!!

    ReplyDelete