So one nice, breezy Idaho afternoon, I rooster meandered into my Grandpa's yard...and never left. My grandpa was tickled, of course, to have such a fine specimen making his 2 acre lot his home. The bird followed my grandpa around as he did yard work and even ate out of his hand. They were like best buds. I thought he was a pretty good looking guy, minus the 5am wake up call every morning. That was, until one after noon... I went out to the back house to get some jars for my grandma. I noticed the rooster being particularly interested in what I was doing and almost nervously watching me. I waited until he seemed to walk the other direction to walk back to the house across the porch. I took three steps in the other direction and I heard this scratching and clawing across the wood deck. Next this I knew, that rooster was slamming his body and beak right into the back of my leg!! I squealed and ran as fast as I could back into the house!! THE NERVE OF THAT BIRD!!!
...and it doesn't end there. Just before we left for Utah, as I was packing the car to leave, that bird hauled off across the drive way at me as fast as he could! My grandpa just stood there laughing as I bailed into the front seat of the car. It barely missed my leg that time!!!
I am thinking...rooster stew.
No comments:
Post a Comment