Sunday, July 22, 2012

Girls trip to Utah.

Lucky again, I was in Idaho for yet another Merrill Reunion. Although this time it was all girls! Every two years my grandmother, her sister-in-laws, and all their children get together for an Aunties/Cousins reunion. The first one was two years ago and I attended but not because I was invited but because I needed to be there. My heart had just been broken and those women took me in when it was for their generation only, and treated me as one of their own. It was one of the worst/best weekends of my life. So here I was, two years later, driving my Grandma to Utah for the reunion. Not wanting to over stay my welcome again this year (and being far from heart ache as ever)...(unless you could missing an island as heart ache)...I wanted to drop my Grandma off, say a few hellos, and be on my way to visiting friends and family. That idea flew out the window the second I got to the Marriott. I was again welcomed with opened arms and excited faces, all anxious to see me and hear how life was. I didn't stay the first night, only the second, but it was so nice to be in the company of such amazing women. It lifted my somewhat sad island soul and restored that love in my heart again. Little did I know, I needed to be with them more than I realized. I am proud, I am honored, and I am GRATEFUL to have such examples of strength and femininity and love in my life. Aside from seeing these great and powerful women, I was able to visit with my Sarah Jane, Travis, and Meg, as well as my cousin Gunilla and her fam, and met Marguerite for the first time too! I will admit, I am loved by some very amazing people.

I told her "lets send a picture to my mom to tell her we are on our way."
She said "I am going to send her some aloha."
This was her attempt at the shaka. 
Loved it. 

Meeting the adorable Marguerite!!



Trav came over to the hotel to visit and ended up being our
labor boy. I don't think he minded especially since it was for
hotel rooms of women :)

I went and stayed the night with Sarah Jane, Ryan, and Ms. Baylee!!


 I met Meg and Daisy for ice cream and Daisy was the cutest
thing EVER! She didn't want me to leave!!!
I just love that little bug. 

OF COURSE the attention of the Taylor clan is always a
treat whenever in Utah. These kids are seriously amazing. I can't
get enough of them!!





And the trip wouldn't be complete without a trip to...
NIELSONS! 

It was such a great trip. While fast and crazy busy, I was so grateful to see so many of my loved ones!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment