Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Mainland: first stop, Idaho.

I opted to spend the first three weeks of my mainland road trip in Idaho. I hadn't spent much time with my Grandparents in several years and wanted to take advantage of the free time with them. It felt good to be back on the mainland but it also felt good to be in the country. It made me miss the farmland atmosphere and the fields of Idaho.

Top view of the Grand Canyon from AZ --> ID 

Great first view stepping off my plane. 

Lunch with this handsome devil.
 First sunset in Idaho. Made the adjustment a tad easier.


First order of business: get Grandma a new cell phone!
(and we spoiled her with Subway. Grandpa hates sandwiches. 
Needless to say he stayed home this trip.)

Spent some wednesday afternoons at the Senior Center
singing songs and having dinner with the great folks of
Blackfoot, Idaho.


Got the folks to venture out a bit and listen to a concert
in the park!

The fires in Eastern Idaho made the skies crazy colorful.

I had the privilege of being in town during the Merrill Brother's
reunion. I was the odd man out but I thoroughly enjoyed hearing
the stories of growing up, of good times and hard times, 
and be apart of the laughter and the tears. I am grateful
to have such legacy and heritage in my blood!


Grandma and I being sassy in church. 
 I love these two. 

Every morning, this man can be found at the kitchen table
reading the New Testament (for the second time.) He would
read and ponder, read and ponder. I would have loved to
have a micro phone to this thoughts....

Being the gardener that she is, grandma spoiled me with 
her homemade creamed peas and potatoes. 

Two miles to my Uncle Perry's store, and two miles back.
The run was good and the view was even better. 

Breakfast with this hunk.


Showing me the ropes of his very complicated machine.



Grandma had pity on me and my sore back.

On one of our many trips to town, Grandpa was disgusted at
how long Grandma was taking to get her prescriptions filled so 
he unbuckled his seat, made a pillow out of a coat, and tried to take
a snooze. It didn't last long. (see next photo)

We opted for a milk shake instead of sleep!

Gosh I love this cowboy!

No comments:

Post a Comment