Saturday, October 16, 2010

My new friend, Mac and Cheese.

This is my new bike. He came into my life on October 14th. After searching for days on end on my friend Craig's website.....I bought him at Walmart. I KNOW, I know. I too hate that place. But I had little choices!!! Craigslist was a bust and there is little to choose from on an island. I am trying not to judge my bike for the land of which it hails from...our relationship is strengthening as I feel less inclined to judge and more inclined to love it for all it does to get me to and from work. During my Walmart experience, I asked a little 4 year old on-looker what I should name my new friend. Her mother piped in and informed me she had 3 uniquely named dolls called Um, Marshall, and Shmow Shmow. I got excited...my bike was surely going to receive a powerful name from such a naming experienced little gal such as her...(her own name being very unique...Elory). She pondered for a few good seconds and then declared the cruiser shall be named.....(drum roll)....Mac and Cheese. HOW DID THIS YOUNG CHILD KNOW ME SO WELL?! Mac and Cheese it is. So, here is a photo of Mac and Cheese on our first official trek to work this morning. I am excited for the adventures for E and MC in the days and months to come!
OH, and this was our view on the ride home from work. Not too shabby!

4 comments:

  1. Too cute!! SO glad you joined the blogging world! I will add you soon!! Looks like you are having such a good time! I need to come and see you and Mari while you're there, I think!! Love you so much!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was expecting to see a yellow or orange bike... nope, not even close. how she got mac 'n' cheese i do not know but i do know that i love the new name! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "HOW DID THIS YOUNG CHILD KNOW ME SO WELL?!"
    Oh my gosh, this made me laugh so hard! Can't wait to hear more hilarious adventures!

    ReplyDelete