SO besides amazing sunrises and beautiful beaches, I have discovered some delicious eateries that, if I don't get myself under control, are going to be the cause for the need of a whole new wardrobe as I'm afraid none of my clothes would continue to fit! You're allowed to try everything once, right?! Right. And then twice if the first time just didn't feel sufficient enough!

Eatery (or drinkery) #1: Lanikai Juice. Home of the OH so delicious Acai Extravaganza bowl and monkey bowl. OH, and their newest bowl...Nutella bowl. Mouth watering yet?! The acai bowl is full of fruit...acai, raspberries, bananas, blueberries...berries berries berries.

This bowl is one of my favorites. It is the monkey bowl which consists of peanut butter, protein, banana, soy milk, topped with banana slices and carob chips. This photo was taken today on my lunch break. Lanikai Juice is conveniently located right across the street from work.

Oh, and Matthew Fox is also a huge Lanikai Juice advocate. He lives just down the road...

Eatery/Drinkery #2: Bubble Smoothies. (Maybe I have a drinking problem?). These smoothies aren't necessarily NEW to me, however it has been since Arizona days that I have partaken in the tapioca drink dream and it is a hot ticket here in Hawaii. Favorite flavor: Strawberry Mango. And the balls in the bottom are tapioca balls that you suck up with your smoothie. Gooey goodness, I tell you.
Breakfast Eatery #3: Banana Pancakes with macadamia nut syrup. Yes, Jack Johnson, I have officially tried your banana pancakes and they are delicious. There is a Hawaiian restaurant called Boots and Kimo's and they serve up a large portion of some very warm, (more) gooey, and oh-so-tasty banana pancakes. I cannot wait to have my Mom give these a try when she comes for Christmas.

This is just a side order. No joke.

And last (but certainly not least) Eatery #4: OK, for all you avocado lovers out there, (Vicky, close your eyes) Kua'Aina is like Heaven to your taste buds. When I was here in March, Jessica took me and there was a sign saying "SORRY, NO AVO TODAY". When we walked in last night, there was no such sign.

This is my BLTA: bacon, lettuce, tomato, avocado. Yes, all that green is straight AVO.

I am sure I will have more discoveries of food havens on the island but these so far are ones that made me say YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.
Whoa....you better slow down there!! :) All the Eateries look divine, I can't wait to try them all! Maybe I will just wait to start that diet until after my visit! :)
ReplyDeleteStopped at SB @ OC point, the girls all miss you! Lindsey saw the car pull up and just said, "Oh there is Erika" then realized it was Erika's Mom. (they don't know my name so I find it funny) Noel wants to come visit really bad. Oh and they all loved my hair!! :)
i had a dream about these places last night. more specifically i think it was mostly about the monkey bowl! yumm!
ReplyDelete