Well, it finally happened. I attempted in March but found no one swimming in the water... And then today, as I was laying on the beach, a fellow sun bather next to me (His name was Jerry and he was a local) said "Hey, do you see those sea turtles out there? There is a bunch!" He then went on to ask if I had ever swam with the turtles... "Uh, no...sure haven't. Not many of those in Montana or Oregon!" He then handed me a snorkel mask and away we went out into the water and no joke, there we were swimming about 2 feet from multiple large little turtle guys... They feed on the plant stuff on the floor of the ocean and then come up to the surface and hang out and bob on the water until the plunge down for more grub. It was truly amazing!! They were huge and fast little swimmers! I would like to publicly thank my new friend Jerry for showing a little "main land" girl the joys of swimming with the sea creatures! Below is a picture of what the dudes looked like that I was splashing around with. (I did not take this photo...it is merely to get an idea of my new friends.)

This looks like so much fun!! What an amazing adventure!! I love your turtles and all of that yummy looking food!! I'm sorry about Mac n Cheese! I hope the red one serves you better!! Make sure to soak in some extra sun for us!! Love and miss you!
ReplyDeleteVery cool....Ninja Turtle girl!!
ReplyDelete