Monday, November 8, 2010

A few (3) Hawaii fun facts:

1. People wear whatever they want, where ever they want, when ever they want. Working at Starbucks, I have never swept a floor up of so much sand in my life! People come in wearing bikinis (see photo), towels (assuming/hoping a swimsuit is underneath), just shorts (usually if not always men, thankfully), barely there dresses, skin tight (shouldn't be wearing something that tight) "booty shorts", long dresses, short dresses, see through dresses, speedos (I opted not to post the man who came in adorning only a speedo), etc. You name it, people aren't afraid to wear it in public!!!

2. Have you ever been to Disney Land where everywhere you turn they are selling Mickey Mouse paraphernalia?! Welcome to Disney Land Hawaii except for instead of Mickey gear it is replaced by HELLO KITTY!!! The photo below is just a partial aisle at Long's Drug store:


3: I live on a movie set...or what appears to be one. Hawaii is beautiful all the time. Yes it rains, yes it's hot, yes I live in constant fear of tsunamis and shark attacks (joke!), but this place is amazing. This is not a very advanced or professional photo...I snapped it while sitting IN PARK at a red light, so it doesn't do the real deal justice but regardless...I am SO grateful to be here, it is beautiful to me...




No comments:

Post a Comment