Thursday, November 11, 2010

Happy One Month Anniversary!

I have officially been an islander for one whole month! Time flies when you're having fun... Jessica and I (only her toes were permitted to be in "our" photo) spent our celebration on Lanikai Beach on one of the first sunny days in about a week. It's been nice here but somewhat cloudy. It looks like Portland outside but feels like Hawaii :) I am not homesick, I don't have island fever, I'm not sick of living in paradise (how could I be?!), and I am not ready to move back just yet! I love riding my bike (who still remains nameless!) passed a beautiful ocean every day, I love the blue green waters, I love the sand, the palm trees are amazing, I love the sun (even through the clouds), and I love the laid-back carefree Hawaiian attitude. I am adopting it quite well :) Someone asked me if I am going home to Portland for the Holidays and they were shocked when I said no. Um, hi. People long to travel to Hawaii for holiday vacations...why would I leave when I am already here?! Instead, my Mom will be coming to me! Something tells me she doesn't mind the trip :)
SO...here's to one month down and many more amazing months to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment