Monday, November 15, 2010

Holy Guacamole!

Jessica and I ventured over to the Kailua Town Farmers Market that is held every thursday in town. It is so wonderful. I love it. I am glad my Ma will be here on a Thursday so she can experience how delicious and amazing it is!! Due to the optimal year-round weather, crops can grow almost around the clock here, thus providing my belly with fresh fruit and veggies Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter!

I realize this is a blurred photo but the corn was TO DIE FOR (not literally). It is so tasty, though. It comes with different rubs and butter flavors...garlic, seaweed, etc. Heavenly!


AND this is the prized winning of the Market. On the left, I have an avocado purchased at my local Safeway. On the right, I have an avocado purchased at the Farmers Market that was grown locally in Waianae, HI.

And here is big bertha all cracked open for our eating enjoyment!! We made some very tasty guacamole with the very large avocado however I got so excited, I snapped no photo!! It tasted delicious! 1/2 of big bertha made more guacamole than 3 Safeway avo's produced. I will never buy a Safeway avo again! Well, for a very long time. YUM.


No comments:

Post a Comment