THIS posting is over due. WELL over due. But technically...it's not. Because she was well under due. Let's start at the beginning... I found myself under a tent of one of the many t-shirt stands at the Swap Meet. I feel my phone buzz in my pocket and pull it out only to read a text saying "Emily is in the hospital. Things are good. Say a prayer for her and Meleana." To try and describe the size of the lump that immediately welled up in my throat would be pointless because I am not sure I can accurately describe it. I found tears running down my cheeks and I knew instantly the only thing I could do, being that I was so far away, was plead to my Heavenly Father that my friend Emily and her unborn baby would be ok. So I did just that. I am sure many swapping onlookers probably thought I was crazy. The next minutes seemed like hours until I received the next text saying, "Emily is going into have a c-section and baby is coming now!" As it turned out, after hours of concern, days spent in the NICU, several post birth trips to the emergency room, blood clots, breathing problems, etc., etc., I have a very healthy friend who now has a very healthy little baby girl. I couldn't be more happy for Emily and Seni!! I am only sad that I am not there to be a part of such an amazing time in my friends life. I want nothing more than to hold that little critter and make sure she knows that Auntie Erika loves her the most :) SO until that day comes when I can squeeze her and hold her and love all over her, I will just have to pacify my needs and wants with cute adorable pictures of her on my phone, on Facebook, and during our Skype sessions :)
So here she is, my little niece, Meleana Lynn Sheffet, born October 12, 2011 at 6:30pm (6 weeks early!), 3 lbs 13 oz, 17 inches long:






If she only knew how much I love her already!!!!
Beautiful little baby and momma! Congrats to Emily and her hubby!!
ReplyDelete